With Christmas just around the corner, this simple origami pine could add a little touch to the decor around your home. Perfect activity for kids. Try it today!
The Pine Tree
1. As always, select a decorative, 4 x 4 piece of paper. If possible, look for a green one – for now, tan will have to do for me.
2. With the colored side facing up, fold your paper diagonally both ways. Unfold.
3. With the white side facing up, fold your paper vertically both ways. Unfold.
4. Using the creases you just made, fold your paper inwards so that you form a diamond, like so.
5. Make a diagonal fold into the center crease. Unfold.
6. Then, using the crease you just made, open and flatten down the flap, like so.
7. Do this to the three other sides until you get the shape below.
8. Then, fold all of the bottom corners horizontally. Unfold.
9. Finally, fold each flap under itself.
And there you have it!
– – –
Origami courtesy of: http://www.origami-fun.com/origami-pine-tree.html